Resort's view of Cheyenne Mountain
Jay Brooke introduces his team
Innovators meet and collaborate
Debbie Cohen and Jeannie Ritter
Roger Kathol and Mary Jane England
September 16-18, 2011
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Colorado Springs, Colorado
This first meeting was the launching off point for the innovation work that will be occurring in ACT over the next 3 years and also the beginning step towards the development of a learning community of innovators and ACT partners.
The meeting took place at the beautiful Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado Springs and had 70 attendees; 39 representatives from the innovation sites; 10 steering committee members; 13 members of the evaluation and program office teams; and 8 invited guests and consultants.
Deliverables from this meeting:
- Introductory presentations from each innovation site describing their aims, partners, site of implementation, target population, proposed innovation, and how progress will be tracked
- Presentations about the ACT evaluation design and data collection strategy, and the emergent plan for provision of technical assistance and building of our learning community
- One-on-one meetings with the evaluation team to identify diary keepers and a demonstration of the online diary and its functionalities
- Development of flow-diagrams depicting the details of each practice innovation created during small-group facilitated sessions
- Prioritized listings of technical assistance needs identified by each innovation site during small-group facilitated sessions
The meeting served to consolidate ACT's joint mission and commitment to integrated care in Colorado, and we trust that the groundwork and relationships that were built will provide necessary motivation and stimulus to the innovators as they take on the hard work of implementation in the coming year.
- The breakouts were great and gave increased opportunity to network. Is there a way to work these in more and maybe trimming larger discussions just a bit?
- Thank you TCHF and the program office for bringing this together. FABULOUS learning opportunities.
- What incredible energy — we have a tiny flame growing into quite a light — Help us keep that burning. Love idea of listserv, practice interactions and site visits. Would like to do a 6 mos. 'lite' version of this meeting to touch base and evaluate progress with each other — another venue?
- As a medical assistant I am very glad to be present and involved in something as important as this organization. Meeting so many well educated people was empowering and also provided great pride to my personal part in our practice and to our champion physician who always has had this vision and this meeting provides understanding of what he wants to achieve for all of us.
- Very good job of assisting and guiding a group of physicians and psychologists. Certainly a job equal to herding cats!!!
- The extensive Q&A discussions were helpful. Need a lot of that! Consider 6 month meeting.
Future Innovators Meetings:
- September 7-9, 2012
- September 6-8, 2013
- September 12-14, 2014
Return to Top